CAD & Diagrams
For CAD files, right click on link select "Save Target As"...
This tooling aid has two functions
- It is used for setting an orientation ring concentric to the bore of a probe block.
- It is also used to set axis alignment.
- A-2 Steel construction HT 58-62 R/C.
- Shaft is precision ground to the same diameter as TruPosition Probes.
Instructions: Setting Probe Blocks to Position on Fixture
- Attach Probe Block to fixture with screws.
- Set position of block, with a CMM or other means, by using both ends of the Tooling Aid shaft to determine block alignment.
- Tighten screws.
- Remove tooling aid.
- Transfer drill and dowel (2 places)
- Install dowels.
- Recheck alignment (see #2).
Instructions: Setting an Orientation Ring
- Place orientation ring over tooling aid up against shoulder.
- Place tooling aid into probe block.
- Rotate tooling aid to desired angle for axis alignment using flat on tooling aid.
- Lock in position by tightening screws.