To ensure your products meet inspection requirements, to optimize your production line, and to give you useful data about your manufacturing process, Component Engineering provides customized gages based on your product and needs. We design and manufacture attribute gages, variable gages, CMM holding fixtures, weld fixtures, vibration fixtures, environmental fixtures, and photometric fixtures with a wide variety of checking devices, All built according to your specifications.
If you are seeking a fast, simple way to satisfy quality controls and eliminate manufacturing errors, the Attribute Gage is your solution. After establishing a solid datum structure, your part is checked with some or all of the following functional aspects:
- Stab Pins
- 3.0mm Feelers
- Scribe lines (for trim check)
- Go - No/Go Pin Gage (for hole or slot size)
Variable Gages work in a similar way as attribute gages with an added ability to collect variable data for specific part requirements. We specialize in methods for hole locations, hard to reach surface points, as well as simple SPC points specified on the part print.
CMM Holding fixtures provide a simple way to hold your part. Using a solid datum structure and allowing clearance where required so that a coordinate measuring machine can get in and measure critical characteristics for you specific part. Giving you a repeatable means of loading multiple parts (one at a time) to meet your layout requirements. Weld fixtures provide a way to hold multiple parts in relation to each other while they are being welded together. Most use pneumatic clamping to secure parts and pneumatic ejectors to unload finished assemblies. There are also various sensors that interact with the weld equipment to ensure that parts present, clamped, and ready to weld or unclamped, lifted, and ready to unload.
- Vibration fixtures are lightweight fixtures that hold the part securely in its intended mounting position so resonant frequencies testing may be performed
- Environmental fixtures are lightweight fixtures that hold the part securely in its intended mounting position and are made from rust proof materials.
- Photometric/goniometer fixtures these are custom made fixtures that hold the part securely in its intended mounting position, and are coated with a non-reflective material.
Click on any gage to see more details.
If you have special requirements, custom setting or datum structures, contact us to learn more about specialized gages designed around your parts.